Exercise and how it leads to a better lifestyle
I know lots of medical professionals preach how important exercise is can you explain to us why its so important?
The benefits are astounding-exercise and healthy eating are the two most critical factors for leading a healthy life. Studies show nearly ¾ of all metabolic disease and cancers could be prevented by living a well balanced healthy lifestyle. Not only from a health standpoint but understanding the impact exercise can have on your quality of life to me is extremely important.
Benefits of Exercise and Weight Training
- Weight Loss/maintaining a healthy weight
- Improves libido
- Reduces risk of osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, as well as many other life-threatening diseases
- Self-esteem and mood become more positive
- Less pain injuries
- Develop more muscular endurance
- Strength, which gives you confidence and makes daily activities easier
- More muscle means higher fat burning metabolism
- More muscle means a stronger immune system
- Gaining muscle lowers blood pressure and strengthens bones
- Strength training increases energy levels
- Weightlifting improves athletic performance
- Strength training improves physical appearance
- Weightlifting helps relaxation, promoting a good nights sleep while combating stress
- Strength training improves balance and coordination
- Muscle mass typically declines 30% in ages 35 to 65, training prevents much of this loss
- Lowers your resting heart rate, a sign of a more efficient heart
- Increases your blood level of HDL cholesterol (the good type)
- Decreases gastrointestinal transit time, reducing your risk for developing colon cancer
- Raises your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). Increasing your BMR causes you to burn more calories 24 hours a day. You will even burn more calories while you’re sleeping!
Last week I asked all the readers to send my questions on how we can help. Here are the main questions.