BEET CASHEW + SUNFLOWER DIP
Bring this colourful gluten + dairy free dip to your next holiday potluck.
- 1.5 -2 pounds pickled beets (less for thicker version)
- 1 cup unsalted cashews -soaked in water overnight, drained
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds -soaked in water overnight, drained
- Note: I soak the cashews and sunflower seeds together in one bowl. Cover loosely with clean dishtowel
- 1 tbsp. pickled beet juice
- 1 tsp. himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
1.Place pickled beets in a food processor or high speed blender, blend on high for 1 minute or so until smooth.
2. Add cashews, sunflower seeds, pickled beet juice and salt. Blend until combined, scrape sides down.
3. Drizzle in 2 tbsp olive oil blend for another quick minute.
4. Serve chilled, with a side of nut and seed crackers, root chips and colourful veggies.